The Williamsburg Garden Club was organized at the home of Dora Marsh, 3rd Street, Williamsburg, Ohio, on April 28, 1936. Ten ladies, who were flower lovers, met to discuss the possibilities of organizing a garden club. They hoped by sharing their knowledge and abilities that they might improve their skills of growing and arranging flowers. One reason was to be more artistic in decorating the various churches for special occasions.
Mrs. Grace McKeever, secretary wrote in her November 1938 minutes of affiliation with the Ohio Federation of Garden Clubs. In 1946, it was noted that the Williamsburg, Bethel and Newtown Clubs met together and enjoyed as their speaker, Professor Victor Reis. Prof. Reis was Secretary of the Ohio Federated Garden Clubs and was the Professor of Horticulture at Ohio State University.
Today we are pleased to welcome new members into our club.